Banting Bread That Works
Most banters are looking for banting bread that works well with their banting journey a bread that is low on carbs but is stiil great bread so we came up with a great substitute for ordinary bread yes this banting bread is the winning formula that works perfectly.
Ingredients for Banting bread
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup almonds (ground up to flour like consistency)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (ground up to flour like consistency)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1+1/3 teaspoons bicarb
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 4/5 large eggs (needs to equal 1 cup of eggs)
- 1/2 cup full fat yoghurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt and a sprinkle of seeds for top
- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- Lightly spray loaf pan with oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix first 8 dry ingredients together with a whisk to help break up any lumps.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, yoghurt , milk and olive oil together; stir in vinegar.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Dough will be thick and slightly sticky and will become fluffy.
- Scoop dough into greased loaf pan.
- Top dough with some seeds and salt
- Bake for 55 minutes (lightly cover with foil if top browns too quickly)
- Let sit in pan for 5 minutes; remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Slice using a bread knife or sharp serrated knife.