Banting Dairy-Free Vanilla Custard
This Banting Dairy-Free Vanilla Custard is a combination of eggs and vanilla to produce a very healthy recipe for banters who love their custard bowl but a no dairy in it yes no dairy its the Banting Dairy-Free Vanilla Custard .
Ingredients for Banting Dairy-Free Vanilla Custard
- 6 egg yolks
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 4 tablespoons melted coconut oil or unsalted butter
- Whisk together egg yolks, almond milk, vanilla and optional sweetener in medium metal bowl.
- Slowly mix in the melted coconut oil or butter. Be sure the oil isn’t too hot, or the eggs may cook unevenly.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the mixture constantly and vigorously until thickened. Your instant-read thermometer should register 140°F for 3 full minutes. Usually, this means about 5 minutes of total cooking time. (When ready, it should coat the back of a spoon.)
- Remove the custard from the water bath. Serve either warm or chilled. (If serving chilled, it can be prepared 1-3 days ahead and refrigerated. Re-whisk before serving.)