Best Banting Bread Recipe
Bread is consumed by almost everyone and is good to get one through the day but ordinary bread wont work if ones on a Banting diet plan . So what would be the best alternative for bread ? if you want too you can bake your own Banting bread that is ideal for your Banting lifestyle.
A Banting bread that makes the ideal healthy low-carb alternative for those of you on a Banting diet. Not only is this Banting bread really tasty, but it’s of the low-carb & gluten-free variety which is ideal for those who are watching their weight & blood sugar levels.
Banting Bread Recipe
- 5 egg whites
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 cups of milled flaxseed (there’s a dark & a light variety of flaxseed – both have the same nutritional value but produce either dark or lighter bread respectively)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil (or olive oil)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup water
- 3g of stevia (sweetener, xylitol, sugar substitute)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Blend the dry ingredients together in a food processor ( it’s not advisable to do this by hand as you may not be able to combine the ingredients thoroughly enough which may prevent rising of the bread)
- Add the wet ingredients to the food processor & blend together until it forms a batter.
- Pour the mixture into a greased bread tin & bake for approximately 30 minutes or until cooked through – check this by using a skewer
- Remove the loaf from the tin & place it on a board & allow it to cool
- Once it has cooled properly you will be able to slice it & store it in a fridge or freezer
For extra flavouring you can add any flavours of your choice or even add some cheese or vegetables to the mixture and even seeds.
It is also worth mentioning that this bread also toasts very well, so if you have been missing your toasted sandwiches don’t worry, you can have your favourite toasties again.
Health Benefits Of Using Flaxseed In This Bread Recipe
This Banting bread recipe offers an additional health punch as flax-seed is;
- high in omega-3 essential fatty acids
- high in fibre
- high in antioxidants