Keto Turkey Meatballs and Zoodles Dinner
If you’re looking for a delicious, low-carb meal that’s bursting with flavor, you’ve come to the right place. This heavenly dinner meal will be a treat for any table: fried turkey meatballs covered with a savory tomato sauce and placed over a bed of fresh and tender zucchini noodles. This meal is tasty, full of nutrition, and filling while not feeling too heavy—it has all the bonuses of noodles without any of the drawbacks! Read on to learn how to make this delicious Italian-inspired dish.
Zucchini is a go-to in the keto lifestyle, and for good reason: it’s low in carbs, fat, and sugar, but packed full of the good stuff like antioxidants and nutrients. To make the zoodles, use a spiralizer to noodle-ify your zucchinis, boil to al dente tenderness, and drizzle with olive oil. Healthy comfort food has never been easier or more delicious!
The real star of this show, however, is the moist homemade turkey meatballs, smothered lavishly in a rustic roasted garlic and sundried tomato sauce. Turkey is an excellent source of nutrients, vitamins, and protein. Feel free to swap out your meat with pork, chicken, beef, or whatever suits your personal preference. So if you thought low-carb meant no more Italian cuisine, think again! This dish elicits all the classic savory goodness of a classic meatballs-and-pasta meal while remaining entirely keto-friendly.
Let’s get cooking!
- Ground Turkey: 24 ounce ground turkey
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Zoodles & Tomato Sauce: 1 1/2 cup Rao’s low carb tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 24 ounce spiralized zucchini
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Measure out and prepare all of the ingredients.
2. In a bowl, combine the ground turkey, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and onion powder. Stir and mash up until combined well.
3. Using your hands roll the turkey into the size of a meatball.
4. In a frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil. Place the meatballs in the pan and let cook about 2-4 minutes per side.
5. Remove the meatballs from the frying pan with a slotted spoon so the oil can drip off. Set aside. Leave the excess oil in the pan.
6. Add in the Rao’s tomato sauce, olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and stir well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
7. Add the meatballs back into the pan to get warm.
8. Boil the spiralized zucchini in a pot of water for 1-2 minutes.
9. Put the boiled zucchini noodles in a serving bowl. Drizzle with olive oil.
10. Plate the zucchini noodles and top with the turkey meatballs. Garnish with basil. Serve and enjoy!
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Turkey Meatballs and Zoodles. Each serving comes out to be 785 calories, 77.6g fat, 7.8g net carbs, and 50.7g protein.
Net Carbs: 31.3
- Per Serving (/4):
- Calories: 785
- Fat: 77.6
- Carbs: 11
- Fiber: 3.2
- Net Carbs: 7.8
- Protein: 50.7